Richard W. Huffman
- Real Estate Law (Commercial & Residential)
- Bankruptcy (Business and Consumer)
- Creditor/Debtor Matters
- Workout Strategies
- Business/Commercial Law
- Business Formation and Organization/Management
- Trademark/Trade Secret/Copyright
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Real Property Law, Minnesota State Bar, 1990
- Trials, ALTA, 1985
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 1968 to Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, 1968 to Present
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, 08/2001 to Present
Current Employment Position
Real Property Law Specialist; Certified by Minnesota State Bar since 1990; Mr. Huffman practices in all aspects of real estate law, both residential and commercial real estate transactions; including purchase agreements, title work; mortgages; contracts for deed; commercial and residential closings; development projects; commercial leases; unlawful detainer and evictions; construction and remodeling contracts; easements; boundary and title disputes; title registration and quiet title actions; mechanics liens, condominium & owners association law, including formation and governance; foreclosure assistance, real estate entity formations and governance, and other general real estate matters. Since 1990 he has taken the required courses and test to become certified by the Minnesota bar Association as being a Real Property law specialist. Call Mr. Huffman for a free, in person, meeting to discuss your particular real estate issue, whether it is commercial or residential in nature.
Business and Commercial Law: Mr. Huffman handles various general business matters such as incorporation, corporate and limited liability company formation; governance and dissolution; partnerships and limited liability entities; purchase and sale of businesses; joint venture agreements; buy-sell agreements; business and equipment financing and leasing; employment contracts, dealership matters, and non-compete agreements; confidentiality and many other types of business agreements; trademark and trade names registrations.
Bankruptcy Law and practice: Mr. Huffman has been a practitioner in bankruptcy law for over 35 years; We are living in a very difficult economic era. Many people these days are faced with home mortgage foreclosures, wage garnishments, repossessions, and loss of employment. Other families are living from paycheck to paycheck and barely getting by through no fault of their own. Often, there is just one small economic event, such as divorce, a foreclosure, wage seizure, medical emergency or a loss of a job to that causes a individual or family to fall behind in making payments to creditors. Mr. Huffman can help such families or individuals get a fresh start— either by working with your creditors or filing for bankruptcy relief, under either Chapter 7 straight bankruptcy or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan. Mr. Huffman also specializes in working with businesses and business owners that are financially troubled and need guidance to avoid bankruptcy. He has considerable experience in arranging workouts with lenders and creditors, negotiating forbearance agreements, drafting payment plans, and advising companies that are heavily in debt. If you or your business are in financial distress and need answers, call our office for a free consultation with Mr. Huffman.
Trials, ALTA, 1985
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 06/1968
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1965
- Minnesota, 1968
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1968
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1968
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Mr. Huffman has achieved one of the highest lawyer ratings by AVVO, a nationally recognized lawyer search and ratings organization. There are also numerous client reviews and client recommendations on his AVVO site. You may visit Mr. Huffman’s rating and site on AVVO by clicking on one of the AVVO AWARD badges at the bottom of this page. There you will find reviews written by many of his clients.
- Additionally, Mr. Huffman has been awarded a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of 'AV- Preeminent' which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Classes & Seminars
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Various, 1980 to Present
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Theta